Marlee’s kicks off the fall with a Movado Bold trunk show! Join us this Saturday, October 13th from 2pm to 6pm to view an extensive collection of timepieces. At the trunk show, we’ll be featuring a limited edition Breast Cancer Awareness Watch. Designed to support the fight against breast cancer, this special edition timepiece is a BOLD way to make a difference!
The watch features a 36mm dark grey ion-plated stainless steel case with a mirror-finish bezel. Its grey metallic dial is detailed by a berry-colored crystal-set signature dot and matching berry hands. The grey calfskin strap is top-stitched and lined in a matching berry hue, and the case-back is etched with the Breast Cancer ribbon motif.
The 2012 Movado BOLD Breast Cancer Awareness Watch retails for $395 and is currently available at Marlee’s. Movado will donate $50.00 from the sale of each one to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. To learn more about the BCRF, please visit their website: www.bcrfcure.org.
The leaves are turning and there is a crisp in the air, and we’re suddenly inspired to start piling on the layers and accessories! For today’s Fashion Friday look, we layered a denim shirt with a cozy sweater and added an earthy element with these gorgeous raw emerald pieces from Margo Morrison. We added an effortlessly chic Chan Luu wrap bracelet and finished it off with a great pair of leather riding boots. Grab this textured leather handbag from Joie and you’re all set to head off to the orchard for a day of pumpkin picking and apple cider sipping!
Margo Morrison raw emerald earrings: $100
Margo Morrison raw emerald necklace: $325
Chan Luu wrap bracelet: $190
Joie crocodile embossed leather handbag: $355
In Part 2 of the latest Style Sessions series, “Day to Night”, I show how to punch up your day look with glittering accessories. Special thanks to Marlee’s Stylists Nicole & Amy!
Lisa Freede multi strand necklace, $118
Lisa Freede beaded bracelets, $48 each
Diamond hoops, $1,099
Movado Bold limited edition breast cancer watch (on Nicole), $395
Belt (on Nicole), $240
MZ Wallace handbag, $375
Lisa Freede disc necklace (on Amy), $98
Lisa Freede bracelets in gold, rose gold and silver (on Amy), $38 each
Beaded bag (on Amy), $58
My new obsession with video blogging aka vlogging has taken over the Marlee’s Style Blog!
For today’s vlog, I wanted to focus on really getting the most “mileage” out of your jewelry and show how pieces can be dressed up or down. I enlisted the help of our Stylists, Amanda, Wynter, Nicole and Amy to show you how to take your look from “Day to Night”. The girls were really excited to participate that I had enough footage to break it into two separate pieces. Part 1 features a gorgeous multi-strand gold tone necklace and a black leather handbag.
Necklace: Lace Collection, $186
Earrings (on Amanda): Lace Collection, $66
Black leather handbag: Monserat De Lucca, $328
Swarovski crystal earrings (on Wynter): Lace Collection, $66
Swarovski crystal bracelets: Lace Collection, $33 each
Beaded clutch: On SALE for $173.60!
As a busy working mom with a one year old (Ari), I have to make sure that I have everything I need when I leave the house for the day. I wanted to share with you a few of my everyday essentials that you will always find in my bag.
1) First and foremost, I have to have a BIG bag! I go between work and family functions and I don’t always have the opportunity to go home. I need something that can hold it all! I’m currently loving this new black leather handbag from Monserat Delucca. It functions as both a cross-body and over the shoulder bag. It also has a large zipper pouch that snaps out. I love this feature because if I’m switching bags I can pop out the pouch and toss it into any other bag and go. (Monserat Delucca black leather handbag, $328)
2) Being on my feet all day, I have to have a comfortable pair of flats on hand to change into. Not only are these flats so comfortable, they’re fashionable as well!
3) I always keep a scarf on hand. Being pregnant with my second child, I go between hot and cold quite often. I find that a scarf adds just the right amount of function and style to any outfit. (Matta scarf, $100)
4) All moms know that having a snack on hand at all times is quite the savior! Ari’s favorite just happens to be Goldfish and these snack size pouches are just the right fit. I always toss in a book for good measure, as well.
5) On the days that I know that I’m going straight from the store to an afterwork function, I always pack an extra change of jewelry. This cute little jewelry pouch from Radish is small and compact and it keeps things from getting all tangled inside my bag. (jewelry pouch, $15)
6) For the same reason above, I always bring my makeup essentials in a small cosmetic bag. I never leave home without my lipgloss, eyeliner, lipgloss, bronzer, lipgloss, and mascara. Did I mention lipgloss? Lipgloss is quite a small obsession of mine and although I always have at least 3 options on hand, my favorite has to be Lancôme’s Juicy Tubes in “Hallucination”. (MZ Wallace cosmetic case, $65)
7) I’m a really big fan of Lollia’s shea butter hand cream in “Classic Petal”. I prefer this product over others because it acts as a fragrance as well as providing the right amount of moisture. (Lollia 4.25 oz hand cream, $24)
8 ) Since I talk to A LOT of people everyday, Altoids are a must! Just keepin’ it fresh, ladies
9) One word: iPhone. My favorite thing about my phone has to be the picture taking/sharing applications. Instagram is definitely my #1 favorite app. It’s a great way to share photos with friends and family. You can follow me at mjtapper or Marlee’s at marleesbytappers
10) I’m a self proclaimed “list maker” and having a journal on hand is necessary. Yes, I could create a list in my phone, but I just prefer the act of putting a pen to paper. (Fabric notebook, $12. Swarovski crystal pen, $68).
Looking for a cute “date night” outfit?!?
Accessorize a simple black blazer, white tank, and bandage skirt with a combination of pieces that when put together look effortlessly chic!
All accessories can be purchased at Marlee’s by Tapper’s (Twelve Oaks Mall. Novi, MI)